TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I'm not screwing around with the bird. This is what I like to spend my time on. (mainly keeping it clean) I figured you guys would find this a wee bit interesting.

An outside shot before it got put up about 4 years ago.

The outside of it is still pretty not clean. So I'll post more pictures another time, but here is just some engine shots. Its got a built 351W 4v (not really sure how built it is, but were guessing in the neighborhood of 400 horse)

My grandpa bought this truck during the mid 90's, already restored so we only know a few things about it.

It has a 1969 Chevelle SS front clip and 12 bolt rear end/axle sporting 3.50 gears with Posi. It has a baby c6 (300, 302, 351 bolt pattern). and 1970 chevy van steering column.

The factory heater

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Awesome truck! Glad it has a Ford under the hood!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Its a great car, we actually have a guy coming out tomorrow to look at buying our old oliver for 5 grand. And that hunk of change is gonna get a new aluminum radiator (probably looking at dropping a grand down right there) and my dad is thinking about going electric fan(s) instead of the flex fan that doesn't keep it cool now.

The pictures do it no justice, I've spent probably 3 hours just on detailing under the hood, the exterior chrome, and cleaning the interior.

But the wood in the bed and on the running boards need re-varnished and the running boards need repainted.

Its a great truck all around (even though it has some Chevy pieces :mad:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
baby c6 bolt pattern is what I was meaning, not that it was a weak tranny, this truck will squeal the tires a good way down our 200 foot driveway.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I should post some pics of my dad 46 ford and his 85 fox,.....and my brothers 94 XR7.....and my nephews 93 Tbird lx.....maybe I should have put this in the unfinished project thread.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little update. My dad and I just put in a new 3 core aluminum fan and electric fan, it sure runs nice and cool with just some plain ol' distilled water. Had it out the other day doing a wee bit over (2x) the speed limit(55MPH), she sure does roar down the highway. I'm driving her to prom on the 20th! I'll be sure to lay down some rubber. The paints starting to show a little wear but it looks great for being 25-30 year old paint. I'll be sure to post up some more pictures of it Sunday.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Little update. My dad and I just put in a new 3 core aluminum fan and electric fan, it sure runs nice and cool with just some plain ol' distilled water. Had it out the other day doing a wee bit over (2x) the speed limit(55MPH), she sure does roar down the highway. I'm driving her to prom on the 20th! I'll be sure to lay down some rubber. The paints starting to show a little wear but it looks great for being 25-30 year old paint. I'll be sure to post up some more pictures of it Sunday.
Put something in with that water, while it is good at cooling it isn't good at reducing boil over, freeze point or inhibiting rust.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh don't worry, we've flushed it several times, we just haven't taken the time to flush it one last time and put antifreeze in it. The water in it has only been in it for 3 or 4 days.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Looking at this again I love those wheels I had the same on my '66 Mercury Comet and another fun fact my Comet was also built at the Lorain plant.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts