TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I don't think it'd make a very good straight up restoration unless, like Mark said, it originally had a V8 or some unique options. There were quite a few of them made and '75 wasn't exactly a "golden year" for any US car, let alone Dodge.

I hear they make a good platform for drag racing though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh IC..well there is a running one here for $500..runs fast..just has some rusts on the panels and needs a paint job..hmmm

·
Registered
824 Posts
My father had a 70 (or 71?) Swinger. I found a restorable swinger in my town. Its a 70..or 71, white, black steel rims with dog dishes, black vynal top, dual hood scoops, black swinger bumble bee stripes..

·
Registered
975 Posts
You'll have to post pics if you get some. I say buy it. Even if it has a six banger, that's not too hard to remedy. Parts for those cars are really cheap too. A performance rebuild kit with forged pistons can be had for a little over $400. And you'll need it unless the car is already modded. The engines from those years were made crappily due to emissions laws.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Those are worth very little and would make a very poor investment. But if you like the car then that is a different story. Classic Mopars have some severe rust issues also.

Karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts