TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every seen one of these up close or even know of one that exists anywhere, or know someone who has this? I found a posting for this brochure on ebay and it led me into curiousity http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-FILA-Thunderbird-Inspired-by-Italian-Designed-Sportswear-Car-Ad-/231091768802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ce248de2

Almost as interesting as the Ghia Mustang I found in the junkyard although it was equipped with a 5.0 and itailian leather, but the T-bird looks like only a 3.8 from this year. What's your take on this????

·
Super Moderator
16,830 Posts
There was a member here and on the fox bird forums named 84fila several years ago that had a ratted out one. The guy was an idiot and ended up ripping a bunch of people off, but he did have one! :tongue: His was 5.0 CFI IIRC, 83 was the year there was no V8 option.

Ghia Mustangs aren't anything special. Ford owned Ghia and shamelessly used the name on every brougham barge they could in the 70s.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
There was one in the little town I grew up in back in the late 90s. Car was red, fila badging on the sides and trunk, the car was a complete dumpster fire, and the only reason I remember it is due to the badging.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm Interesting, I have always been more favorable of 80's fox birds, never before seen this one, now I really want to. I have seen the elan ones before, but never a Fila, I googled it a few nights ago was wanting to see if anything else might explain more about it, and seen some old posts from that 84 Fila guy, he must have joined several forums including a fox mustang forum, wonder if he ever got that car running, sounded like a mere dreamer who took a car beyond his capability of fixing and refused to believe it was beyond his skill level. Probably ended up being junked.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had an 87 Fila T-Bird. as a 2 tone light and dark blue, blue cloth interior. Interior was basically a Turbo Coupe interior, same with the suspension, heavy sway bars, quad shocks and all that. Was a v-6 car though. Had the badges on the fenders and trunk, nice car overall, just a bit odd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts