Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 2 Door | eBay

Is it a turbo coupe?
Is it a super coupe?
Is it an 87?
Is it an 89?
Will any air ever get to the engine with the body work blocking all air paths?
Will the seller get 1/10 of the asking price?

These, and more questions to be answered on the next episode of "Ripley's Believe it or Not". :facepalm:

Al

Reactions: Dumped96bird

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Really awful photo-shop too.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,564 Posts
Definitely an 89. VIN decodes that way too. Was also an SC. :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
7,683 Posts
VIN decodes to an 89 SC, although the pictures almost make it look like a model car.

Looks like he is selling a few cars. Personally, I like this one, but not enough to pay anywhere near $40K
Ford Thunderbird Turbo Sedan 2 Door | eBay

·
Registered
222 Posts
This dude also sells purses lol He's not now but he did. Have you seen the other cars he's selling? I wouldn't buy anything from him unless I met him in person...just looks shady to me. Oh, and that poor bird lol =-(

Chris C.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Look at the oxidation on the motor of the trans am he's selling. Also pictures with trip meters set at 000 set red flags with me. (Thunderbirds taught me that). The other t-bird's odometer looks suspicious also. Bad photo shopping.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't believe I didn't notice this when I posted it, but this isn't even a real car! A total scam, a model car, then photoshopped. This needs to get reported to ebay.

Al

·
Super Moderator
12,641 Posts
Reported for "Vehicle Misrepresentation".

Why don't you guys file a report too?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Doesnt look much different than that Turbo Coupe at the top of this website. Hint: The air comes in from underneath. :wink2:
Is that called the "Hoover" mod? :grin2:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesnt look much different than that Turbo Coupe at the top of this website. Hint: The air comes in from underneath. :wink2:
I understand the air mostly comes from underneath. I am looking at that Turbo Coupe pic, and I see additional little slots all the way across the bottom of the bumper.

Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts