TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Just bought a TC, engine seems to run good, turbo was replaced before I bought the car,...question, how accurate are the gauges in these cars, it show the temp being in the normal range but neat the top when just sitting and idleing and the oil pressure near the bottom of the normal range, the temp doesn't bother me as bad as the oil pressure, does any one know if this is normal or how to check the oil pressure and what it should be? Don't want to hurt my new 22 year old car!
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Followup: checked oil pressure, starts about 60 cold and drops to about 30 warm at idle, and above 2000 rpm it get back to about 40 and above 2000 there is what sounds like bearing knock, sound like it's coming from the bottom end, is this normal for these engines?

·
Registered
49 Posts
a rod knock is very bad!
oil pressure is surprisingly good tho, but build short block as about 20psi hot and 45 cold and only 30 2500rpm hot...
ford gauges are completely inaccurate, my two cars vary so much from each other, one turns the fans on at 3/4 the way up and the other is about 1/4 up......
i rely on autometer gauges for accurate readings, the ford one are a good guess, lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts