TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says.. i have an 89 sc cougar.. and have the front swaybar discoed .. its a drag car. id like to pull it out to take a couple extra lbs off the nose. is it worth taking the time to pull it out the right way and sell it? it looks like itll be a pita to remove so i was going to cut it into a couple peices and be done with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
You'll have to drop the K member to pull it in one piece.

However, it's one that's looked for - so I'd pull it in one piece and sell it.

RwP

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the conclusion i came to as well dropping the k member. Whats a fair price? Ill have to wait till my buddys shop has an open bay to do this.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Please don't remove the front sway bar from that car. It doesn't weight that much, and it makes a huge difference in handling.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Please don't remove the front sway bar from that car. It doesn't weight that much, and it makes a huge difference in handling.
Did you see this part, MadMikeyL?

tyrsmkkyle said:
its a drag car.
Sway bars aren't needed for something whose whole purpose is to go straight fast.

RwP

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It made a great difference in getting the car to hook off the line as well weight transfer ftw.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
idk the diameter but im told this is the stiffest/thickest factory front swaybar that these cars came with. send me a pm... we can talk about a price and shipping.. new york is a loong way from here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts