TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 5 speed '89 SC for a very cheap price after not being driven for 20 years and put it on a new suspension. I drove it around for about 100 miles after being road worthy and it started billowing smoke. I have an awesome mechanic but the problem now lies: I have the cash and ties to the car, but what do I put into it? He's willing to rebuild the whole motor and source parts but I'm looking at maybe getting a second opinion on what I should be reaching for to get the best power. Realistically, I'm looking for about 350hp out of the wheels but I see so many options for cams, cranks and pistons. I'm aiming to make this thing the nastiest car. Imagine exhaust is done (not) and the fuel delivery. plx hlp. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
7,974 Posts
How many miles on the car? Did the coolant and oil mix, or is it only get into the combustion? Also where are you located?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Get the heads surfaced, get new head gaskets, and ARP studs. So long as they oil and coolant didnt turn to a milkshake and run through the bottom end, itll be good.

Since youre there; a cam/valve spring upgrade and cylinder port bowl work would help the car breathe alot better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts