TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Inherited a mouse chewd Cougar that i am working through some issues and came across this connector with nothing near the tiny 2” radius that it is confined to on the harness. Its part of the coolant temp wire bundle behind the alternator. It has 2 conductors in it and looks like a miniature spark plug connector. (+ little fang marks on it).

Is this just for an option i dont have or is something missing?

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
It is the redundant 1 wire coolant temp sensor connector. I don’t know why, but the EECIV cars seem to have both connectors, regardless of which style sensor they had. Just tape it off to the side and disregard it. In your case, that connector goes to nothing and never did.

·
Registered
Ford Thunderbird '91 3.8 AT
19 Posts
The guys on top are right. This is a wire for an analog temperature sensor. Most likely you have a digital dashboard. In fact, it is quite convenient that Ford did both, since I put an electronic panel instead of an analog on the weekend, and all I had to do with the temperature sensor was just replace the sensor, the necessary wiring was already in place =)

two years ago I asked myself the same question, only on the contrary, the single plug was connected, and the one that you have the main one just lay next to it)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!
And as a thanks again.... here’s the subject.
My departed father-in-law won this with one ticket at a church raffle In 1990. They had very little money there’s no way they could ever afford a brand new car. It was his pride and joy.

Just one picture at its dirtiest condition before i begin the process. It was garage kept never saw snow it has 100,000 miles on it from cross country trips. Been sitting in a garage 10 years. The body is immaculate no rust anywhere. Just trying to get the mechanicals squared away first and then it’s extreme detailing and buffing. Probably will sell it.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,553 Posts
North Ridgeville here. As soon as you said Aurora I started thinking of the old Sea World and Geauga Lake parks. Ah, the 90s. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
North Ridgeville here. As soon as you said Aurora I started thinking of the old Sea World and Geauga Lake parks. Ah, the 90s. lol
I don’t believe there was any others in mid America ...you had to go all the way to the coast. And something for all especially since you could hit both parks in a single day with a $20 combo pass. Merely a 10 minute walk around the pond to Geauga Lake amusement Park.

My father-in-law who owned the cougar used to be in a pipefitters union and there were many stories about beer filled coolers at union picnic park days. The kids would disappear into the park all day unsupervised while the dads / moms got wasted at the pavilions.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thank you!
And as a thanks again.... here’s the subject.
My departed father-in-law won this with one ticket at a church raffle In 1990. They had very little money there’s no way they could ever afford a brand new car. It was his pride and joy.

Just one picture at its dirtiest condition before i begin the process. It was garage kept never saw snow it has 100,000 miles on it from cross country trips. Been sitting in a garage 10 years. The body is immaculate no rust anywhere. Just trying to get the mechanicals squared away first and then it’s extreme detailing and buffing. Probably will sell it.
Very nice! I hope you decide to keep it. You might make some money on it, but I think keeping it would be more profitable. IMO.

Cougar's are very nice cars to go long distance with. Very comfortable and easy to drive.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do with the car once you get it cleaned up and running.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don’t believe there was any others in mid America ...you had to go all the way to the coast. And something for all especially since you could hit both parks in a single day with a $20 combo pass. Merely a 10 minute walk around the pond to Geauga Lake amusement Park.

My father-in-law who owned the cougar used to be in a pipefitters union and there were many stories about beer filled coolers at union picnic park days. The kids would disappear into the park all day unsupervised while the dads / moms got wasted at the pavilions.
Grew up in Lorain. I remember when they moved Shamu out. Had alot of fun down there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts