TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1994 SC Exhaust Manifolds Fit 1990 SC?

1) Would manifolds from a 1994 SC fit on my 1990?

2) Are the Spinningwheels ported/reconditioned manifolds worth the ~$200 (shipped) money?

I'm planning on buying a complete manifold to bumper system and need to know how best to start.

Please respond regarding the manifold at your earliest convenience as I have an opportunity to buy used ones cheap.

TIA

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
They will bolt right up to your heads, but the passenger side downtube will not line up correctly (different angle).

-Rod

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rod

Any comments on the Spinningwheels ported/reconditioned manifolds?

I understand theOE manifolds are a real restriction and can help to blow HG's, wondering if I should be concerned if staying stock. I'll have to replace everything but I'm on a very strict budget. Are the Kooks necessary/ significantly advantageous to the OE manifolds.

Lastly what is the general consensus on the Catco replacement downtubes/cats/resonator assembly?

Thanks for helping out a newbie. Got plenty of SHO miles under my belt and two in the driveway but this RWD stuff I just don't know... :confused:

TIA

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Platoribs said:
I understand theOE manifolds are a real restriction and can help to blow HG's,
not true.

you can also use the 96/7 tbird manifolds (actual tubed headers) but you need to have the passenger side downtube redone. might as well get both sides redone with high flow cats. i would just get the catco cats and your choice of muffler. ditch the rear muffler and run single piping to the pumpkin and have your exhaust guy split it to duals there.

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
I'd rather not comment on Spinningwheels.

I'm running Catco high flow cats on one of my cars, and Magnaflow/Carsound cats on another. I'd recommend the Magnaflow/Carsound ones (higher quality) if the price is close between them and the Catco's.

I agree with Mike. If you're planning on going with a completely new exhaust, the best bang for the buck, IMHO, would be the following:

96-97 tubular manifolds
2.25" downtubes
2.25" Magnaflow/Carsound cats
DISO Magnaflow 18" muffler mounted in place of the stock resonator
Single 3" tube past the fuel tank
Dual 2.25" (or even 2.5") tailpipes

Hope that helps.

-Rod

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback Gentleman, I decided to buy the reconditioned ported OE manifolds from Texas, catco Y-pipe with resonator and Flowmaster II catback.

As soon as I get the tranny RIPped out and remanufactured I'll put it back together with all new exhaust, HD tranny, and have the engine freshed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts