TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey have a 1990 sc 5 spd which i just got. it was sitting for 5 years (garage kept and clean car). had my mechanic go though it and found bunch of issues. long story short got it running and would run great at time and like crap other times. Would be driving it and it would just stall out and then not start for 5 min. or so. Changed the dis module and still did the same thing. Check engine light would come on. So brought it back to mechanic order new dis, cam and crank sensors from super coupe performance, new egr valve and harmonic balancer. wound up pulling engine from car because whoever worked on it last didn't connect a bunch of stuff and had missing bolts and so on and so on. Well once he had engine out he went though hole thing did new gaskets, put new balancer in as old one was broken in half, install new dis, cam and crank sensors, new egr, new coil pack, plugs, wires, new vac lines and put everything back as should be. check all grounds on engine and frame, installed engine and started right up ran for 30 min or so and then started doing the same thing would start to die out check engine light on and when giving throttle if would bog down. any idea on what to check next.

thanks

·
Registered
1988 Turbocoupe
161 Posts
Check your timing, IAC, fuel filter/pump?

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I'm also hoping you applied thermopaste to the dis module when you mounted it. Those overheat and are known to cause those issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts