TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that my Cat has the ignition switch in it that was recalled, and I'll be getting it replaced soon (under the recall or not). The whole assembly is pretty messed up, my guess is it's been tampered with or forced at some point.

Anyway, my question is this: Could this ignition switch be the cause of a slow drain on the battery? By messed up, I mean the outer cylinder turns freely (read: spins all the way around) without a key (will not turn the car on though), and I have to put the key in 3 or 4 times before it sits right enough to actually start the car, and the key can be taken out at any time.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it moves all over the place. When I first started driving, my old man taught me to turn the ignition back as soon as the engine started, because that would save the switch a little. Not that it makes any difference, but this one is all over the place.

When I said the ignition switch was f****d up, I meant it :D

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Well, you're going to have to get another one anyway, so I'd just replace it and see if that fixes the other problem too :thumbsup:

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL.. well, the battery will only go dead over the course of a day or so.. like I said, it's a slow drain. I'm not going to let the car sit just to see if the battery dies.. :D I was just curious to see if it was a possible cause. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
When my switch went on my '95, I was, fortunately at home, and was able to use our other 'civilian' car, so a trip to the stealership and about 50 bucks, or so plus a whole afternoon, finally got me up and running.... the thing is, on a weekend , or when my wife wasnt home, and I'd end up walking, and maybe stranded someplace else, taking a short course in hot wireing.... moral, get it fixed, especially if you plan on useing it as a getaway car...LOL

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.. I think I'll get it done this weekend.

LOL... "Stealership"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts