TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this SC. I think I have seen it before sitting behind a shop over by Late Model Restoration. The asking price is very hopeful, lol. He also mentions parting it. Perhaps someone could use it. I probably wouldn't pay more than $1000 for it, if that.

Check it:
http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/2654872725.html

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
That's a shame that he's so hard up to get out "what he has in it" because that will never happen. That thing needs WAY way way TOO MUCH work to justify nearly five grand for the price of admission...because it probably needs more if not double that to really be nice again. A really clean 95 5 speed could be had for that price.

That's a promising list of service performed, but is it road worthy at this point? Iffy. Off topic, there is a late model restoration near you? As in five-o-resto? Is it like a retail location where they sell the same products as on their website? :D I called you the other day, BTW did you not get the message? :zbeer:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Poor 35th =( Sad to see it in that condition...owner should be slapped around a little lol.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
He's gonna part it and sell for scrap before he lets it go cheap.

He will still only get $1000 max.
And I guess labor to part it is free...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I love the people who have seen cars on autotrader and think that they can ask that. The only problem is, what people are asking, and what people are actually paying are two totally different numbers. I can put my pile on autotrader for 40k, doesn't mean I'm getting it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a shame that he's so hard up to get out "what he has in it" because that will never happen. That thing needs WAY way way TOO MUCH work to justify nearly five grand for the price of admission...because it probably needs more if not double that to really be nice again. A really clean 95 5 speed could be had for that price.

That's a promising list of service performed, but is it road worthy at this point? Iffy. Off topic, there is a late model restoration near you? As in five-o-resto? Is it like a retail location where they sell the same products as on their website? :D I called you the other day, BTW did you not get the message? :zbeer:
It does look rough, but if the miles were low enough, the suspension may still be decent.
Yeah there is a 50resto in Hewitt, which is right by Waco (30 miles from me). Yeah you can walk in to the counter and they look up parts for you. They also have some clean ass Mustangs in the showroom. One of my friends just got hired over there too. He starts next week! Can you say employee discount? lol :D Nah, but they do have some decent prices there and I think like almost everything is in stock.

I got the message, but I dont have any new information. We are going to get some pics together when he gets time, lol. I have been keeping my camera at work so he can use it at will, but we have been extremely swamped with work. I suppose thats a good thing though! I will keep you posted as soon as there is some news.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can't afford it, but it looks like a nice bird. I don't know the guy, or anything about the car, just saw it on craigslist and found it interesting. Seems like a collectors bird and wasn't sure if it would be something you guys would be interested in. Here is the link.

Oh, and just so you know. Its 4 grand and located in Hewitt, Tx.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/2654849101.html

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol I dont care about it being a repost. I just thought it was fun to finally get to use the repost smiley :D I have a feeling the guy knows he is dreaming to get $4k for it though. Someone here could get a pretty sweet older SC for a good price. With fresh paint it would look very good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts