TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Ford Thunderbird LX (236k) 1990 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe (74k)
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1990 supercoupe is way too much of a project for me, I am planning on parting it out. But since the front panels on my 1996 Thunderbird are primered and swapped to a 1994 panels I was wondering if I could freshen up the look with the supercoupe front bumper, lights and hood. My question is would the fenders and the front bumper and hood and lights directly bolt on? Is there any special fabricating I'd have to do? I am painting them silver frost metallic as well. Is there anything I should know before painting them? Also is it wrong to put supercoupe panels on a 96 sport?

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,716 Posts
It all bolts on, just remember to transfer over the header panel and plastic inner bumper as well, you have to rewire for the 9005/6006 headlights too. The fenders are identical other than the 96 having holes to mount the side cladding.

Is it wrong? Eh. The SC front end is identical to the 92-93 LX front end other than the embossed SC lettering so its not like its blasphemous, especially if you have a front plate. Personally if I saw a 96 with that front end I'd think "well, that bird's been in an accident. Too bad"

·
Registered
879 Posts
I've seen pics of a 94/95 super coupe with the earlier front end. That made it able to run the Mach 1 style hood for the earlier cars. It didn't look bad.

Reactions: Martin1996

·
Registered
1996 Ford Thunderbird LX (236k) 1990 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe (74k)
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all bolts on, just remember to transfer over the header panel and plastic inner bumper as well, you have to rewire for the 9005/6006 headlights too. The fenders are identical other than the 96 having holes to mount the side cladding.

Is it wrong? Eh. The SC front end is identical to the 92-93 LX front end other than the embossed SC lettering so its not like its blasphemous, especially if you have a front plate. Personally if I saw a 96 with that front end I'd think "well, that bird's been in an accident. Too bad"
I'm thinking of potentially swapping the rear as well. The car is my daily throughout the winter and someone already rear ended me because it's icy. They scratched up the rear bumper bad. I also got the car beached on a rock and it scratched up the rear bumper a lot too. Would the rear bumper bolt up as well? Or would that need some custom work of some type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts