TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 91 SC with a bad motor. I have had the car in the garage for three weeks and I just started looking it over. The interior is very clean and the car is black on black with leather. It's a fairly loaded car with sunroof, VMM, keyless entry.

I just verified that the engine is BAD. Looking closer at the oil pan over the K member I could see about 1/4 of a rod hanging there. The rest will be fun to locate. No visible holes in the block.

Right now I'm concerned about getting this motor out of the car. I will not be looking to put the 3.8SC engine back in the car at this time. I'm going to part out the SC motor (98k and the blower is immaculate). I'll decide which route to take underhood once I get further into the removal. It's going to be a weekend project. The motor will probably be out in January.

I'll be looking for a rust free IRS subframe with all the mounting hardware. If anyone has one or can get one please let me know. I pay to have it shipped here. I'm going to need as much of the hardware that's attached or hanging off the subframe as possible. The motor and the IRS frame are the only two bad areas on the car.

I'll post a couple pictures soon of the car and the window in the oil pan;)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
If you dont mind me asking what did you pick it up for??

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Not to bad of a deal if all you have to do is replace the motor.Is it a 5-speed or auto???

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Todd,

I know a guy that sells whole T-bird IRS subframes out of a town local to me (close to KC). He MIGHT even have one left from a 95 SC. I'm not sure if he'll ship or not but if you want his info, just PM me.

-Joel

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
hey do you have a donor lined up for the engine? one of my friends has a 93 5.0 bird for 1500 that has a newer engine , said the body is a cancer paitent

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, but if I can get a complete motor it'll help me drop a 5.0 into the car. I can't take the car, but if he's willing to sell the motor I'll take the intake to oil pan and the engine mount plates. Please keep me posted. I'd pay for the complete motor. I'm probably going carb, but I can use a lot of the bolts off that 5.0 motor.

Regarding the IRS units I would very much like to get that guys info. If he can provide me pictures and is willing to ship me a rust free subframe I'm all over that one.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update

I got a complete 5.0 motor and trans for a really good deal. I'm no longer looking for an engine. Now, I just need to get my butt in gear and get the blown up 3.8 out of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts