TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my chrome strip has had all the chrome peel off. I got a new strip for cheap at rockauto. Is the strip hard to remove and replace? Any advice on how to do it?

·
The Parts Guy
7,358 Posts
It's just stuck in the channel with double-sided tape. It's quite simple to remove and replace.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I got the bumper strip replaced pretty easily by chiseling through the old strip and getting enough to grab onto to pull it out with my hands.

What about the little rear quarter panel chrome strip?. Is this the same material? I only have enough excess chrome strip to do one side if I can.

·
The Parts Guy
7,358 Posts
I haven't replaced the chrome trim in the side moldings, only the bumper covers, as I ditched the side moldings on my car. I would assume it is the same, but you would have to verify that.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
On my '92 Sport, I replaced the rear chrome that wraps around the rear .... but those short pieces of chrome behind the door towards rear fender opening look like they are molded into the side molding. Mine had been painted black ..... so now I am thinking I'll replace the chrome that I did replace with black as well.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know for sure but I think the short chrome strips in the side moldings behind the door are of sturdier construction than the bumper chrome strip. They are shining up pretty good with Brasso. They looked like faded and dried poop after replacing the rear bumper chrome strip.

·
The Parts Guy
7,358 Posts
Yes, those parts will physically bolt to the body shell. Keep in mind that the headlights, header panel, and taillamps will also need to be swapped.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have considered that if ever needed to, I might would prefer '92 front sheet metal (same front as a '91) , but wonder if the hood would clear the 4.6? I think so, but I wouldn't buy until I checked. The '92's hood is flatter across the center where the '95's hood is "bulged" some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts