TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what is the stall speed for a stock 1992 sc AOD torque converter? I might be putting one in another one of my cars and don't know if it is worth adding an aftermarket converter. I'm on a tight budget. The motor only puts out about 200 hp. At some point it would be behind a 350 hp motor and that would obviuosly(sp) demand an aftermarket converter.

Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
Is this for your 1997? in that case it won't work since the 92 was an AOD transmission. If you're looking for a good stall for your 97, look into a 99 GT/Mark 8 Converter or a Mercury Marauder TC. The Marauder TC is the best value for the stall it provides. You'll also need a Mark 8 Flexplate too. You can get these parts from a junkyard or brand new from Dan Newman. He will provide competitive prices on the parts you need.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, actually it's for my 66 mustang. I have the flex plate worked out already. The car has 3.89 rear gears, hence the need for overdrive! Any idea on the stall? I put the question up on the sccoa board also.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i know for the normal 3.8 94 up Transmission, the stall speed is like 1800. The SC might be somewhat similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts