TCCoA Forums banner

1992 tbird sport 5.0 headers help!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Zep5.0 
#1 ·
Is there any available headers to order that will fit my 302 without having to do the steering shaft mod? I know this question has been asked a ton but I haven’t seen much for recently. If there is any please help me with a link to them, not looking to invest too much for headers but im willing to look into it, if not I could always try to make some diy ones :p, thanks for any help!

#4 ·
I got mine used so I dont know a part number or have a link. And I didnt take any photos cause I did the job in like 30min.
I cut the 7 and 8 primaries, moved them over 2-3in ( I dont remember exactly) and then used an old jeep 4.0 header to re connect the pieces to the flange and the collector. Ill PM you a couple pics when I have the chance to get under the car.

#5 ·
If you're buying a decent set of headers, agreed the steering mod makes them clear, it's a much better option than cutting the tubes. That being said, not sure if any fit that well or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.