TCCoA Forums banner

1992 tbird sport exhaust help

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 ·
I have a 1992 tbird sport 5.0 and I’ve been meaning to do some exhaust work to make it sound nice and loud while opening but still be comfortably quiet while cruising. I’ve seen videos and posts about muffler deletes but people say there will be a drone in highway rpm’s. I mostly do highway driving and I wouldn’t want to get a headache from just doing my daily driving.

Anyways, I thought about cutting off the mufflers and taking off the middle resonator and putting a black widow muffler instead of the resonator. Would this get rid of the possible droning?

Any help is appreciated, other examples and recommendations too.

#3 ·
I just did the muffler delete a week ago and have no resonator on my 97LX Sport. Sounds a lot better than the muffled stock sound but not overly loud. Drone not bad and not bothersome for me as its very minimal in my opinion. Tailpipes out the back will quiet it a bit more but I haven't done them yet. Putting the muffler mid mount where your resonator was will get rid of any drone.

Reactions: JacobM
#5 ·
If the pipe ends under the car the smallest amount it will drone.
I have two sets of the mandrel bent systems, and the 2 1/2 with cheap mufflers sounds beautiful, and quite a bit louder than the 2 1/8" setup on the cougar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.