1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Make a photobucket account...

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
whats the milestone? Only 93 mark8 not to be either broken into or rusting out in NY? :D

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
maybe he decided the 4 valve is becoming too main stream and swapped an npi 2 valve into it :tongue:
Naw dude, Windsor 5.0. :D

EDIT: With four turbochargers...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
no way, my vote is a stock, high milage n/a 3.8 from 1989 with leaky headgaskets :thumbsup:
HEY!!!! :tongue: (checks signature...)

At least I have a Windsor coming soon... :tongue: :D

He can have that aforementioned 3.8L if he wants. ;)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
HEY!!!! :tongue: (checks signature...)

At least I have a Windsor coming soon... :tongue: :D

He can have that aforementioned 3.8L if he wants. ;)
122K isn't all that high...ok well maybe on a 3.8 :D

windsor motor coming soon? Really? What direction are you going anyway?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
122K isn't all that high...ok well maybe on a 3.8 :D

windsor motor coming soon? Really? What direction are you going anyway?
It aint too bad. :)

Currently im accumulating parts for a M5R2 swap, but I cant do that until the body is fixed from when it was hit back in November. Its currently in the body shop for that. Once I get the M5R2 swap done, I will start hunting for a 5.0. Im not building my car for drag racing or anything, I feel like I'm building the car that Ford should have built from the factory in 1989, the SC suspension with a proper V8 and manual transmission. I also wouldnt mind a set of PBR calipers and SC seats haha. :D

My dad likes to dream big and hes trying to push me towards a DOHC 4.6, but its so much more work especially with the wiring and the computer issues. Personally I'd be more than happy with a 5.0. Im just looking for a car to daily drive that has the engine performance to match the suspension performance. Reaching 60MPH in less than 10 seconds would be nice. :tongue:

Id like to have this done by the end of the year...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
It aint too bad. :)

Currently im accumulating parts for a M5R2 swap, but I cant do that until the body is fixed from when it was hit back in November. Its currently in the body shop for that. Once I get the M5R2 swap done, I will start hunting for a 5.0. Im not building my car for drag racing or anything, I feel like I'm building the car that Ford should have built from the factory in 1989, the SC suspension with a proper V8 and manual transmission. I also wouldnt mind a set of PBR calipers and SC seats haha. :D

My dad likes to dream big and hes trying to push me towards a DOHC 4.6, but its so much more work especially with the wiring and the computer issues. Personally I'd be more than happy with a 5.0. Im just looking for a car to daily drive that has the engine performance to match the suspension performance. Reaching 60MPH in less than 10 seconds would be nice. :tongue:

Id like to have this done by the end of the year...
Hey, dream big .. let me know if you need any help on that DOHC swap. ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Connor, let me know if need any 5.0 parts I have almost everything

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
mine had 250k when i sold it, from what the guys dad (my neighbor) told me it drove another 3 years before it let loose lol
Yeah, maintenance goes a long way, and there are a ton of those motors out there that go and go and go....I have noticed that high milage 3.8's in birds, mustangs, etc. all seem to have this sound to them like they have shaken themselves apart....do those motors have any other real issues outside of the HG blowout problems?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yeah, maintenance goes a long way, and there are a ton of those motors out there that go and go and go....I have noticed that high milage 3.8's in birds, mustangs, etc. all seem to have this sound to them like they have shaken themselves apart....do those motors have any other real issues outside of the HG blowout problems?
Yeah they sound like poo

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I had OEM mustang GT dual exhaust on my 04 V6 mustang....I thought it sounded good at the time....thought and at the time being key words / phrases here ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts