TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive found a 1994 tbird with high miles 165k that has motor problems which i dont know??? yet but if i get it, the 3.8 will be gone(351 swap or maby big block this time); its a really clean car inside and out no scratches garage kept the guy is asking 1400 obo what would be a good realistic deal for this car its in very good shape minus the motor any advice would be appreciated Thank you in advance John:znanner: P.S. the guy said he is in no hurry to sell the car so ive got a little bit of time to get it:)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
He's definitely in no hurry to sell at that price in this region. Sounds a little steep for a '94 with a doa motor... unless that car is *immaculate* in all other ways I'd offer him $800 max. I've seen a couple SCs advertised around in the last few months with blown head gaskets for $1500 or less. One in northern AL, one in Macon, GA.... Looked at a great '89 XR7 just outside of New Orleans not long ago, new blower and head gaskets done, asking was only $1500. rolltide has 2 SCs and wants to sell one, his asking isn't $1500 but his cars are complete and run good, I drove the blue one. If you bought one of those and just sold the motor you could do alright. Heck, I've got a '93 LX at ~120K that runs perfect and looks good - only worth about $2500 according to kbb.com.

At that mileage there may be supension issues, ball joints and such, in addition to the motor. Look it over good before you make any offers.

Just my observations and ramblings.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts