TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1994 Cougar V-8. It has 186,000 miles for $850 is the asking price. Body is pretty good no rust through spots some paint peal and paint fade. Heard it run sounds good but did not have time to drive it yet. Leather inside not to bady worn.
It will need a front bumper cover and paint job.

Let me know what you think..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I do have the 1992 Thunderbird 351W project, but am always looking for other Birds and Cougars. See my lease on my truck will be up soon. And I don't think I want to lease again. So kind of thinking a paided off car is the way for me to go. Sure I will be finished with the 92 bird soon but the fuel economy with the 351w and c-4 trans????? Well heck I might do better that my f-150 anyway.???
Here i go thinking to much...

Gary

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has not been fired yet, The bird started a 92 Sport my buddys dad had given him. At that time I had my 95 Bird with the Jerry chip richardm intake tube dyno max exhaust ( wish I had it back). Any way I had the 351w And trans in my 1976 Cougar but the body was going bad. So in the process of buying a house back then. so I sold the 351 package to my buddy and we started to transplant into the 92 Bird. The last thing my buddy had done was custom headers. After that he got the girlfriend and we lost touch. Anyhow he finily called me and said the Bird was up for sale, I really only wanted the 351 back but he would only sell me the full package that was never finished.
So now I've had the car for about a year and some months but I also had my first Born Son during that time. So there went some money and time.

The worst thing of all I traded my 1995 Bird in, for a stinking 98 Rustang GT. But got ride of that and then got into the truck lease issue.

BUt the good news is Th last pully is on the way so some bolts, water pump gasket, belt, wiring, and fuel lines. I can start the 92. Bad thing also the 351W has not rna at all in about 2000.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
If it needs a front bumper and paint an has that many miles on it, I would go there with $400 cash in hand and offer it to him. That car might be needing a trans soon too, so I wouldn't spend $850 on it, but if you can grab it for $500 or less than go for it.

Mike

·
Registered
523 Posts
gary im in trenton only 5 mins from you
i drive by lake erie metropark alot id like to stop by and check out your 351

·
Registered
28 Posts
Honestly, go out and find you a 4-5 thousand dollar tbird or cougar with low miles, I would never dump 5 grand into a thousand dollar car.

Lord knows I've done it before and, NEVER AGAIN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts