TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite a newbie to this, however, a couple questions to the long time owners...

I got the Ford Cd's (repaIR, MAINTENANCE, ETC.) I ordered the OBDII tester.

Reading the TSB's I could access this car has the Tranny shake at 35-45 MPH problem, and This car has only beeen serviced at the dealer BUT, none of the records show that this TSB work was done. One statement says it was recommended, at a price of course in 2000 after the warranty was over.

Anyways, I'm going to have them change the tranny fluid, do an inspection, change the torque converter fluid, update the OBDII programming (as recommended.) only so I can get thier maintenance history report to see if it differs.

My question, is there anything else, or anywhere else I can find ALL the TSB's for this 1994 cougar xr7 w Auto trans?

Any other things I absolutely need to ask the tech at the dealer?

This car truly does have only 17,895 miles on it. My mom in law took it every other week 1.8 miles to the stores and 1.8 miles back. That's it. Oh, one trip to Oregon from So. Cali the first month she had it.

Thanks in advance, car goes in Friday so I'm a little strapped for time but I've been reading furiously, lol

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
the 1-2 accumulator spring/piston is known to break in the transmissions i believe, inadvertantly destroying the transmission... both of our 94 cars had that problem.

i believe they came out with an updated part to help prevent that problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip ...I'm changing the tranny / torque conv. fluid tommorow, that was the main reason for taking it back to the dealer techs.

I was just wondering how many other service bulletins they knew about prior to 2000 and didn't fix on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.