TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a half year car with the 4.6L and the 4r70W. My original slip yoke is damaged from when the old transmissions tails shaft came loose and cut groves into the old slip yoke and now leaks past the seal. I having a hard time finding a replacement that actually fits. I ordered the Ford Racing M-4841-B but the outside diameter on the shaft is around ~4mm too small and does not touch the bushing. Does anyone know the actual dimensions or part number for a factory slip yoke?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Some Parts from the Cruise Control system as wall as the OBD2 port has a F6 date code on it not many parts but i found this out because my cruise control died on me and was going through each part. The cruise module in the fender has the F6 code. Most parts are F4 or F5.

·
The Parts Guy
8,009 Posts
Man, I just scrapped a bunch of stock driveshafts with yokes. It seems like there is no demand for this stuff until right after it gets scrapped.

·
Super Moderator
97 Thunderbird 4.6, 98 Mark VIII LSC
11,171 Posts
I've still got the stock aluminum driveshaft off my old 96 Mark VIII. It's not "THE" upgrade for MN12s (that crown is reserved for the 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, which is a single piece) but it is still better than the steel driveshafts on the MN12s due to the lower rotating mass and higher critical velocity.

It's a direct bolt-on swap for all 4.6L MN12s.

I'm not sure where you're located but if you want it, it's yours for the price of shipping. I had new U-joints put on it at some point IIRC but you'll probably want it gone over if you end up swapping the whole thing.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,287 Posts
Well the obd port makes total sense .. those were mandated by the feds for all 1996 model year vehicles .. the fact they put them on 94/95s is a bonus.
Yep, that makes sense, I never thought to look for the PN on mine but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s got an F6 on there.

Cruise is a mystery, 95 was vacuum actuated while 96 was fully electronic so that system was getting phased out. Unless there was an early recall service part with the F6 prefix, I’ve seen that before of a few parts. One of the 94-96 clusters I had in my possession had 1997 part numbers on all the faces with the strobe style redline marks seen on 89-93 tachs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up a NOS unit on eBay for under $80. I'm in West Tennessee. Thank you for everything tho.
I've got the fully electronic cruise unit the actual servo unit failed on me. But, I can pick up a whole unit for $20 at my local pick and pull. Its the same module as the F150 just different circuit board and bracket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts