TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it every time i start looking for parts for my 1995 4.6 engine I alwats get told it'll fit 96>99 or similar years, it"s like the 4.6 is not supposed to be in the 95 bird. of course I know better, Is there that much of a difference? the only thing i can find different in the location of the throttle body!

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
In addition to the throttle body orientation, here are some other differences:

1. IAC valve, and by-pass tube from the intake

2. Intake tube from the air filter box.

3. Fuel rails

4. Intake manifold design (plastic vs. aluminum on 95's)

5. Maf sensor

I am sure there are other differences, so anyone jump in with addtions

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Rolling-Thunder said:
I am sure there are other differences, so anyone jump in with addtions
Throttle cable, Cruise control Cable, Front Cover, EGR..... :D

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Yeah, they are aluminum, I'm in the process of cutting one up right now, to see how much it can be improved.

You said you had problems finding a Chip????? I don't think you were calling the right person, Brian or Dennis have done many '95's, and they just need the catch code off of the computer. If you are talking about an off the shelf chip, don't bother, just give one of them a call, and you'll get a better custom chip for either the same price or cheaper. You can find Dennis's contact info on the main page, and Brian is at www.apten-us.com .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input guys, and yes i did get the chip from dennis, It just seems alot of the aftermarket has skipped over the 94>95 4.6's does anyone know why this is? I was really looking foward to going the kenne bell twin screw route till I found out it"s not aval. for my 95

1 - 7 of 7 Posts