TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done alot of research but some things just need another thread made, I guess.

Some lady ran a red light doing 60 in a 35 and clipped the front drivers side of my car. Right by where the marker light connects. My bags deployed. The car shut off immediately upon impact as well.

Sadly, she didnt have insurance so I'm stuck fixing it myself to save on labor costs.

My car wont turn over now. I haven't really messed with the bags yet, but I thought I read that there was a fuse in the control module that blows, and was wondering if that would cause it to not turn over? If not, I'm going to start looking elsewhere.

Another question, before I get too far into this project, is about whether the front end is saveable...
The front brace got bent (the one behind the bumper), as well as the drivers side mount assembly for the radiator (the metal part that sits beside the radiator. And the upper brace got bent as well (the one that you see when you open the hood and look straight down).

My theory is if I go cut the front of the Tbird at the junkyard off I could just pull the braces off of that and have them welded to my car. Is this a feasible idea?
If not, I'm just getting pipe and making a new front end -.-

All of my electrical connections and fuses seem fine. I've replaced all relays just in case and she still wont fire up. I just want to know if theres a knock in the motor before I go any further with this body work. Because if there is I've got a '98 GT motor in the garage that will end up being rebuilt and thrown into it first.

Thanks in advance. Put up a picture so you all could see my poor baby.

·
Super Moderator
16,732 Posts
The fuel pump inertia switch tripped, it's located in the left side of the trunk and you just press it to reset.

As for the damage, ouch! The crash bumper can be replaced by cutting the spot welds and welding or bolting a good one in place, but the core support is trickier depending, especially if a frame rail got bent. If you just need to keep the car rolling I'd probably just replace the damaged exterior panels and use makeshift solutions to fit them to the bent structure. I'd also closely inspect the brake line under the radiator

·
Administrator
7,994 Posts
The fuel pump inertia switch tripped, it's located in the left side of the trunk and you just press it to reset.
X2!
As for the damage, ouch!
Ouch is right! Heavy damage there, almost looks like the hood got out of alignment too. Give the suspension the once over also.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
10,273 Posts
That sux.

Are you saying the starter won't turn over at all?

You may have broken or blown the megafuse at the bottom of the fusebox; check it with a meter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The switch was it. Thanks yall.
Sadly, it sounds like a nut is rattling around in my cylinder head on the drivers side, so I guess it's a good thing I'm doing a PI swap.

My driver side suspension is toast. I've got an entire front end suspension kit Im looking at. Honestly the car needed it before the wreck.

The hood is not just bent out of alignment, its flat out bent haha. Up at the top by the passenger side is folded. Looking around for a cobra style one. Might go hoodless until I find one that's not 800 dollars.

Okay so the radiator is encased in what is essentially a box of sheet metal... and all but the sheet on the passenger's side is bent.
The one on the bottom, drivers side, and top are all bent, basically.

The crash brace is toast. I believe the core support was actually okay. I'm unsure.
If it isnt, I'll just smack another body on it and be veeeeery attentitive when I drive haha.
I've got new fenders and an entire front end minus crash brace... unfortunately its all green but I'll get her wrapped after she's up again. Have a xenon spoiler I nabbed from another 95 there so itll go on after the wrap.

Thanks for helping out all. I just needed to make sure the bottom end was okay before I dug into this project.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
So the driver was speeding, ran a light, and wrecked your car with no insurance? I understand not wanting to use your insurance to pay for it, but have them sue the snot out of her. While you may not see any money, the judgement will get you some money if she ever stops being a deadbeat. Shame you couldn't keep her car and sell it for parts money, but it was probably a pile of trash too, wasn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts