TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of my job is running parts to various shops in the area, one of the shops, the owner has a Lincoln Mark VIII...it's his personal car, he has owned it for a few years...it has the usual horrible paint, baked rubber moldings around the back window (he cut the lasanga off)

It has a moonroof, no evidance of leaks, black interior...leather on front seats is ripped worn out, etc.

Nice clear new looking headlights, coil conversion, check air ride disabled, car starts and runs great.

Needs a transmission, he says 3RD gear and OD are shot, says the car will try to shift and trans makes a "buzzing/grinding" sound and will not shift...he says he's tired of fixing things. Was quoted 1800 to rebuild the trans...I could probably find a decent 4R70W for that or less, I'm thinking.

Car is NOT an LSC...

Has new tires, also, all the way around...Small transmission leak, he claims no oil leaks, I take that with a grain of salt and a drop of oil...

Car is 1,000 dollars, I could probably get it for 900 bucks. Everything works.

Should I?

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
A beat up 95 MarkVIII with fading paint and ripped leather that also needs a trans? I would say that is a $500 car, and no more. I don't know what they go for around you, but around here you can get one with faded paint and beat interior but in running and driving condition for around $1000.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
3rd and OD gone - direct clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts