TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference in the front bumper covers between a 1995 Super Coupe and a 1994 T-bird?

I am told that there is a "gound effects" on the front bumper but I must not be able to see it. There is some additional moldings on the SC sides and a different rear bumper but I think the front bumper covers are the same.

Does any one have a picture of the front end of a Super Coupe that I could compare to the front end of an LX?

Thanks,

Doug

·
8,239 Posts
no the front bumper is the same for 94-95 cars.

The 94-95 ground effects consists of two sideskirt pieces, two pieces that go over the lower part of the door, and two rocker panel pieces, and the 94-95 has a different rear bumper.

Some of the old 89 and maybe 90 supercoupes had the SC logo embossed into the front bumper under where the front license plate bracket would go, but the bean counters got rid of that in quick fashion and they made one bumper for all the cars.

If you want to put a sc bumper on your lx then you need to re mount the mufflers so that the tips dont burn the bumper. Been there done that I have the tshirt.

The lx mufflers are mounted straight up with the tips pointed down, the supercoupe has mufflers that are mounted sorta sideways.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xenon on a SC bumper

Thanks for the advice on the muffler tips and the rear SC bumper.

I just thought of something. If one puts on the Xenon ground effects kit for a 94/95 Tibird, what happens to the horizontal black trim piece on the SC rear bumper? Is the the SC horizontal trim piece on the rear bumper covered up by the Zenon part?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts