TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my rear mufflers and now I want to put a 2 into 1 mid muffler, so do remove the 3rd cat and resonator? And what muffler is best for this set up, I want aggressive but not much drone thx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be louder than stock? I like the sound of no mufflers minus the drone

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
You would have to transition in/out of it, as the stock pipes are far smaller than that. It will absolutely fit under there, as it's only 14" long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock exhaust on a 1995 t bird v8 deleted mufflers, mid mount magnaflow 14 inch or 18 inch muffler? Thx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you think the 14 inch muffler with no 3rd cat and resonator would be a lot louder than the 18 inch magnaflow?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would it be louder than stock? I like the sound of no mufflers minus the drone
You simply wont get this kind of sound that you want with any set up. Depending on your budget and what you're capable of doing (ie welding, bending etc) you can get somewhat close. If you're budget is higher, best set up i've heard out of these cars with a stock motor is a custom built exhaust with a trubendz pipe kit, custom catted down tubes into an H pipe with a flowmaster super 44 series dual in dual out muffler installed just behind the h pipe, with custom tips out the back (no mufflers in the back). But you'll still get some drone at cruising speeds.

Something else I did before I changed my exhaust due to a broken piece rattling in the muffler was I cut the entire exhaust off from the y pipe cat back. Installed a (i think it was 2 inch inlet) thrush muffler from a local parts store that was similar to a dynomax straight through muffler (this was a looooong time ago so i apologize for not completely remembering the type of muffler) that was cheap with a turn down from the same store. If my cats didn't get clogged up and turn cherry red on me I'd have kept this set up.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
As long as the pipes extend past the bumper before a turndown, drone is minimized; drone is the sound trapped under the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts