Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice looker

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Well, it's clean, it looks nice, it has very low miles, it's a mighty fine automobile.

But it's nothing special, not fully optioned, has 94-95 engine and transmission issues, and, well, none of these cars, in stock form, are really anything special. That said, I love these things, but I'm just saying, an MN12 at the snoody auction? Nah, I don't get it.

Besides, I think these trendy mecum auctions and, what's the other one? Isnt't there another big auction on TV? I think they drive prices into the unrealistic stratosphere, from snoody "investor" types...but anyway, I'm getting into a rant and off topic, nice bird, somebody will get a deal.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Barrett Jackson is the other one. Usually Barrett Jackson has much nicer, rarer, and higher priced stuff than Mecum. Not that Mecum has ever had a rusty POS come through. LOL

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Barrett Jackson is the other one. Usually Barrett Jackson has much nicer, rarer, and higher priced stuff than Mecum. Not that Mecum has ever had a rusty POS come through. LOL
They sold Earl's El Camino SS from My Name is Earl at Mecum...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Thats a damned rust bucket

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Yea, well they do specialize in the rare, the unusual, cars with celebrity status (regardless of appearance)...

If you could find the rather plain Firebird that James Garner drove in "The Rockford Files" they'd sell that to.

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
Well, it's clean, it looks nice, it has very low miles, it's a mighty fine automobile.

But it's nothing special, not fully optioned, has 94-95 engine and transmission issues, and, well, none of these cars, in stock form, are really anything special. That said, I love these things, but I'm just saying, an MN12 at the snoody auction? Nah, I don't get it.

Besides, I think these trendy mecum auctions and, what's the other one? Isnt't there another big auction on TV? I think they drive prices into the unrealistic stratosphere, from snoody "investor" types...but anyway, I'm getting into a rant and off topic, nice bird, somebody will get a deal.
I like Mecum better than Barret Jackson. I've been to a few of their auctions when they're at Pheasant Run and most of the time you won't see anything go for more than $50k unless it's uber rare and they tend to stall out because the seller has a ridiculous reserve.

Most of the buyers there really are enthusiasts too. The snoody investors tend to be just 1 or 2 people buying up several cars for big bucks for their "collection". Besides, the collector car bubble burst a few years ago. Nobody's paying near 7 figures for freaking Dodge in the foreseeable future.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
LOL Yea, well they do specialize in the rare, the unusual, cars with celebrity status (regardless of appearance)...

If you could find the rather plain Firebird that James Garner drove in "The Rockford Files" they'd sell that to.
I took a ride in that car back in the early 80s ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts