This is what I did with my time 2nite

This is what I started with

4.6 SOHC 205 Crank HP

The Intake and CAI kit

In the process

X marks the spot

Engine without intake

The Comparison

So far, this is what I have done. Tomorrow is the day for rigging hacking, and making everything work. Theres alot more that was needed that i dont have, but my dad's an expert at rigging things up, so it should work. Ill post more pictures after everything is done with.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just curious, how are you going to shut the hood with the new intake/throttle body? It's higher than a 95 and the back hood bracing is formed to fit around it on 96/97 and is not on a 95. I have a 95 and my roommate has a 96 so I was able to do a side by side comparison. I would love to do the same but not sure about the hood.

Mike

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
I have a 95 hood on my 97 , no issues but the body shop did the work .

They did some work to the front lip of the hood though .

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,507 Posts
Just curious, how are you going to shut the hood with the new intake/throttle body? It's higher than a 95 and the back hood bracing is formed to fit around it on 96/97 and is not on a 95. I have a 95 and my roommate has a 96 so I was able to do a side by side comparison. I would love to do the same but not sure about the hood.

Mike
Fits fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry i didnt get back on right away, i ghetto-rigged alot of these things without buying new. I blocked off both parts of the egr with aluminum, used alot of different hose and vacuum line, i actually turned the fuel rail backwards and made some hold-downs for it. It worked fine but i think i gotta tune everything in
heres a picture with everything completed

CAI

Turned the fuel rail backwards. works just as good

Everything I got on here is rigged up, it does work tho, so i must be pretty good at it. I do feel a big increase on top end. Acceleration is alittle off but im assuming i need a tune since theres more air coming in and the computer still thinks it has the factory air filter. I was considering selling the car but decided not to since i worked out all the kinks.

·
Administrator
14,500 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Yeah, true CAI looks like this

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Or is otherwise heat-shielded from the engine-bay....

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
So your fuel lines to rail connections are on the drivers side of the engine now? Just curious cuz I still have my 94 lines that come in about where the TB is on the plastic intake. I used a crown vic rail flipped and go it all working. Is this a crown vic rail or stock 94-5? Also, where you from? I havent seen you on the boards.
-Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So your fuel lines to rail connections are on the drivers side of the engine now? Just curious cuz I still have my 94 lines that come in about where the TB is on the plastic intake. I used a crown vic rail flipped and go it all working. Is this a crown vic rail or stock 94-5? Also, where you from? I havent seen you on the boards.
-Rob
thats the tbird fuel rail. i think the crown vics had a similar stock intake tho, so it might be the same

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.