TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
on a 96 v8 are the studs on the manafolds or are they on the flanges located on the cats? the reason is that my cats are plugged and i have a brand new set of cats off my old 94. I will be replacing them with these and id like to save a little money and not buy new studs because i noticed on the cats that were on my 94 had one stud left on it. Im not sure how this happened i guess i must of cut them off but I appreciate any help thx

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I have extra studs for the exhaust manifold that you can have.

PM me if you want them. They are new Ford stock - unused.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cool that seems right then. thx

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i got the new cats and all new o2s on today. It was a pretty tough job concidering one of the studs twisted off and the cats didnt line up good because they were warped and twisted from when I took them off my old tbird. It was basically a damn headach and now i got a leak from where the cats meet the manfolds. I guess its leaking because the cats were warped but i guess ill just let them shape to the new car, then go back under and snugg it all up good. What sucks the most is the whole reason i did all of this is clear the 2 too lean codes i had but they came back, go figure but ill see what happens when i fix that leak.
L8ter

·
5,650 Posts
You should have never done all that you did to clear up a lean code. Codes P0171 and P0174 (which I assume are the codes you got) have nothing to do with the cats whatsoever, and 95% of the time it's not because of the oxygen sensors either.

Most common causes of lean code:
-Dirty or malfunctioning MAF (many times it's the dirty MAF that will do it)
-Misfires (old/mis-gapped plugs, bad plug wires, bad coil packs)
-Vacuum leaks
-Exhaust leak before the oxygen sensor
-Misreading oxygen sensor (very rare occurence, the other 5%)

And if you do anything to the car, always reset the computer or so that it can relearn its operating parameters.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks agian guys

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys it ended up being the maf. picked up maf cleaner... 17 sprays and it was all better. It defenitly added like 20 hp. very nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts