TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working on my MN12 recently I found an unused plug on the wiring harness. It hangs down under the R (passenger) headlamp. Is this a stock connection for fog lamps? I don't have any mystery switches on the interior and have yet to check for power at this plug. I went to the local Ford dealer, and their parts dept. wasn't able to pull any info on it.

I recently removed some crappy aftermarket foglights the previous owner had installed. One of the housings cracked and the glass lens fell onto concrete, immediately shattering. So I removed both of them. I never liked the remote key-fob switch to turn them on and off anyway.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a camera available so I'll describe it. The plug is circular, brown in colour. There are two wires going to it, one is brown with an orange stripe, the other looks pink.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,437 Posts
There were no provisions for fog lamps on any of the 94-97 MN12s except the 94-95 SCs.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think you're right. I bet that pink wire has a black stripe I missed. It's a little hard to get to right now. My climate control has 3 simple dials and I wouldn't have it any other way!;)

I wonder if I can use the circuit for lamp wiring anyway. If the other end of these wires is an unused plug in the dash, maybe I can install a switch. I don't need the circuit to handle the power; I just want to use the circuit to activate a relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts