TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started up at 5:30 pm jan 16 drove to work Left work at 7:15 pm, CEL blinks 3 times I think

then car stalled and shut off ,would not start for approx 5 minutes.

then started and ran roughly for a few minutes and then CEL blinks 3 times I think then car

stalled and shut off ,would not start for approx 5 minutes again.

On the way home I stopped by Advanced Auto and had them read the codes,: It gave

p 1131 - Lack Of HO2S Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean

P 0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected

P 1443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Control Valve

===============================================================================================

Started up at 6:00 pm jan 18 drove to daughters work and on the way back car died at 6:44

pm,CEL blinks then car stalls and shuts off would not start had to have it towed home.

I went out after a period of about 5 hours total time car started normally.

this is getting to be a P.I.T.A,

both times no fuel pressure in the rail after it stalls and dies.

===============================================================================================

started it up today let it idle until it reached normal closed loop operation

When I put it in drive or any other gear the idle speed drops to 500 RPM and sometimes it dies but restarts.

when I put it back in park the idle speed jumps to approximately 1100 or 1200 RPM and then settles down to 750 RPM.

I let the car run for a while at idle for 2 hours off and on and it is doing it again the CEL comes on and it stalls and dies.

I don't have a code reader handy nor do I know anyone who does but the auto parts store is not far and it will make it that far and i will see what they say now

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The P1131 is Bank1 lean condition yet the P0306 is a misfire on a bank 2 cyl.

My guess is it's because of the P1443. I'll bet the vacuum line to the purge canister is leaking or gone. The metal vacuum hose that goes along the passanger inner fender........ follow the plastic tube all the way to the front of the header panel behind the passanger headlight. There should be a rubber vacuum hose that connects to the bottom of the charcoal canister. If it's not there replace it. I had to do that with mine cause the hose was non-existant anymore.

I also had a P0305 which a new coil fixed that issue, cause after replacing the plugs and wires that did not fix the problem. The coil, however, did...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have the ignition system checked. A flashing CEL indicates misfiring. The Haynes manual has instructions on how to check the resistance in the coil packs, before you replace plugs and wires.
( There's probably something on the internet to show how to check that as well, but I haven't searched )

The 1443 code probably won't affect drivability. At least it didn't on my car. I ended up replacing the Purge Flow Sensor. I drove the '95 for who knows how long with the hoses rotted right off the Purge Valve/Solenoid. The only indication was it took longer to start and I smelt gas fumes. Otherwise, the engine ran fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am grateful for all the advice I will check all of these out when the weather clears Thursday, its going to be nasty, snowy and cold here until then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out and bought a OBD-II code reader for $40.00 at a local parts store and read out the codes,It wouldn't stay running long enough to get there to have them read them for me.

Its about time I bought one of these things.:D

It gave :

P0118 Engine Coolant Temp Circuit High Input

P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)

P0174 System Too Lean (Bank 2)

I measured the coolant Temp Sensor resistance and the value it gave said the PCM was seeing an engine temperature of about 280 F:eek:

I replaced the sensor and erased the codes jan 27 and drove it around close to my house, so far no codes it seems to be fine.

I will read them tomorrow and see if any are pending

1 - 5 of 5 Posts