TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking pictures of it tomorrow for those that are interested. I will also ask if I can have access to this car for the board to pick over until we get all the parts we want. If you have a wish list please send it to me here on this thread.

Red with grey interior. This car is complete, just got in the yard today. Its got bad motor and trans on the windshield.

Its got a cup holder console, all of the exterior plastic looked good, front bumper good, rear bumper good, the dash looked perfect, has a sun roof too, interior looked good too.

This car is perfect, no dents no damage. I can only imagine the owner couldnt fix the car and took it to the yard to scrap it. Wish I had got it before the yard. I asked to buy the car whole and it doesnt have a title and they would get more money out of parts than to sell it out right.

There are a few parts that I need off this bird for mine, like the AC blend door motor, the rear light assemblies, probably rear spoiler, door handles for upgrade.

The guy behind the desk said he is willing to agree on a price for parts that we boht agree on, and it wont cost any extra money to have his guys pull parts. I can even go pull parts if I want to too.

If you need any parts let me know, I can ask about the price and post them back for you. It will be up to you to pay for the part and shipping. I can be the middle man on the part to help out other members. Check out my ebay ID: onelapduster , im a straight shooter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sun roof

I need the two tracks that the sunroof rides on.

It is really easy to get out. Just remove the glass. Then each side of the track is held down with phillips screws. Mine is broken from someone trying to break into my car when the sun room was cracked open. they only broke the plastic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what I have in order of request.

Also I would like to make it clear that once it is agreed that you will be purchasing a part, I would like for you to PayPal the money (plus paypal fees), I will then box the part and make a shipping label through USPS online. I dont feel like getting stiffed on buying a part for someone to back out and now im stuck with a part. You must be willing to follow through once you pay for the part. I I dont have the time or money to purchase parts get a quote and then have you say no. Please check with mom and your bank accout to see if you can pay for both the part and shipping. Thank you.

The weather is going to be rainy this afternoon, so I will do my best to get pictures to post.

*1996Project-bird
Front corner lights
cupholder
radio surround

*dorkfish
non-power antenna

*sousa632
sportrims

*oscar3.8
header panel

*tonyromano1544
sunroof tracks

****2nd dibs on the the cupholder goes to sousa632, and 3rd dibs goes to socalmike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For prices, its what ever the guy there wants for the part. Im sure they will take what they can get, as this car was to be crushed today. I plan on getting out there tomorrow and pulling the parts that I need for my car.

So if there is a part that you see from the pics I will be posting this afternoon please let me know. I looked over this car really well and can tell you the condition of the parts.

GIVE ME A PRICE FOR THE PART YOU WANT AND ILL HAGGLE WITH THE GUY AT THE COUNTER.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e126/onelapduster/Thunderbird for parts/

Here are the pics. What I found out about the bird after crawling all over it.

The bad!
Front bumper is torn at the edges where the corner lights are at.
Rear bumper is torn at the rear driver side.
Driver side rear quarter panel has a dent.
The header panel that the front lights and bumper attach to is broken.
Cup holder has a hole drilled in it for a CD changer controller.
Dash bezel appeared to have have some tabs broken.

The GOOD!
the door panels looked great.
The dash is PERFECT.
the sun roof is perfect.
Rear side panels are great.
carpet looked to need a good cleaning but looked to be in good condition.
Rear spoiler was perfect.
the exterior body plastic has some dings on the door edges, bit otherwise was in great condition.
the hood was perfect.
The doors were rust free.

I will be back to the yard tomorrow if its not raining. PM's sent to those who have posted parts request. I will be asking what you would like to pay for the part so I can tell the guy at the counter before I pull the part.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got to the yard and the Bird WAS GONE!! It got crushed despite having DO NOT CRUSH on the windshield and hood.

Sorry if I let you guys down, I wasnt expecting that in 3 days for this car to have been crushed.

I was really going to get the parts there for next to nothing too. Guy at the counter said he was embarassed and took my number. I told him im look at any 94-97 Bird that comes through the yard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts