TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, since it seems I have one of the rarest car pieces on 馃寧, it looks like I will have to repair cracked trim. Thankfully they are hairline fractures. The screw holes however is a while other story. You know ppl like to rip trim off that they can't figure out how to detach lol... Plastic bond on the back. Cement bond on the front. Repaint black. Should be good as new. Also find some type of hardener spray for the cluster trim so I can prevent future simple fractures..

Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
I might even go thicker on the plastic epoxy in back to help add some surface area that it can transfer the stresses to during handling/install etc. I need to give mine the same treatment..... :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on cutting some pieces off of zip ties and using them as a cross sectional brace. I will use that clear cement stuff with those. The front will be more tricky though. Don't want to slap a canyon on the outside lol. The brush should be able to put a thin layer on the crack.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would use the expoxy for the initial seal and the abs solvent cement on binding a reinforcement on it. These are the products I am using..

Also use a spare phone holding case for the brace in the back. I'm literally flexing the heck out it and hasn't snapped in half yet!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Update:I sanded down the excess abs solvent cement on the front but will hold off repainting it until I find and reattach
more broken pieces that may still exist on the instrument cluster area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts