TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a real nice 97 T-Bird in Illinois, with some options including Trak-lok.

Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe 2 Door | eBay

Obviously, the price is up there, but it is nice to look at a mint example.

The only thing strange is the driver's floor mat is awfully worn or dirty looking. It would take like 5 minutes to clean!

I know the JJJJ springs are Sport springs, but what are JJEE?

Al

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
JJEE is also a sport. Not sure what the difference between the 2 is.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I like really like that there super low mile cars still floating around. For a long time I was struggling between keeping my bird stock and very original/ clean or making it faster/ my own. I always wanted everything that I did to the car to be able to be cleanly undone in case myself or someone else ever wanted to restore it back to stock in the future. Then I realized that if I ever wanted a stock bird, I could just go get another one with much lower miles than mine had. This was freeing and allowed me to be comfortable with more radical modifications that would likely never be undone.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
I got info on the stock ones, and the j sports, but not the E's.

"The sports I have are fosc-ja fronts and fosc-ja rears"

fosc-ja (fronts)
Should have a Spring Tag of "JVC" and the "B" Pillar Tag should be "J". English Load Rate (Lbs. Lb./in.) 1654 349-403, English Wire Diameter = 0.594-0.659

fosc-ja (rears)
Should have a Spring Tag of "NUD" and the "B" Pillar Tag should be "J". English Load Rate (Lbs. Lb./in.) 1672 509-637, English Wire Diameter = 0.612-0.708

The stocks are f1sc-ga fronts, and fosc-ga rears

f1sc-ga (fronts)
Should have a Spring Tag of "CUM and the "B" Pillar Tag should be "3". English Load Rate (Lbs. Lb./in.) 1673 270-330, English Wire Diameter = 0.577-0.622

fosc-ga (rears)
Should have a Spring Tag of "CUM and the "B" Pillar Tag should be "G". English Load Rate (Lbs. Lb./in.) 1619 361-501, English Wire Diameter = 0.667-0.619

That info is from Duffy, from this thread:
http://forums.tccoa.com/44-suspension/133651-mn12-spring-rates-front-rear.html

There's also a table in the mn12perf stuff:
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/mn12-techinfo/springs/springs.htm

·
Registered
440 Posts
For around 6000 it's an alright car, but for 10k dang that's expensive. Also what constitutes as Premium Sound? What are the differences between the regular sound system and the Premium? Also is that CD player compatible with our cars that came with a cassette?

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts