TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought my car, it was missing the upper windshield molding. I purchased one off a 95, but of course it doesn't have any clips to retain it, so that's a no go. I happened to drive past a salvage yard today as I was going to a client's home to fix their computers, and decided to swing by. They had one 1997 Thunderbird (poor thing looked like it got hit on both sides, windshield smashed, roof bowed outward) and the rubber windshield molding was intact. I pulled it out (the black goop is still tacky even) and they charged me $2 for it.

So, it looks fairly simple to get in, wrap it around the glass and push. Is it that easy? Any tricks/tips for getting it installed?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
I haven't changed the front one on mine, but if it's like the back upper that's all you have to do. Line up the molding with the body clips and push it on.

Joe

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't changed the front one on mine, but if it's like the back upper that's all you have to do. Line up the molding with the body clips and push it on.

Joe
Well, the 97 is rubber instead of metal, and has no clips, but it looks like it molds around the windshield. I'll give it a shot this weekend and we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the molding in, piece of cake. Just lined it up and pushed it in as recommended. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts