TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I recently got this car, and have been driving it daily now. I have a few problems, but one that I'm not fully sure of is the blend door. I think thats what its called, but what happens is, anywhere you put the fan settings, floor, mid, defrost, etc. it all goes out the top, and a slight bit out of the bottom....I get nothing from the vents from the dash. I looked on oreilly's website for the part, but they don't list anything for a blend door actuator. I am fairly certain there are no vacuum leaks. I looked under the dash, and thought the t-bird under dash area was tight....the buick has less room! So, with that said, has anyone had to replace/fix this issue? and did you have to pull the dash? Sorry for such a silly question, but before I get to much into it, I would like to see if anyone from here knows.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The door that switches between defrost, floor, vent is called the mode door. You are most likely looking for the mode door actuator. It is probably on the LH side of the heater case. The blend door is on the right side...on the top and it is definitely doable after removing only the glovebox. So good luck, it does sound like a mode door though.
-Rob

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door that switches between defrost, floor, vent is called the mode door. You are most likely looking for the mode door actuator. It is probably on the LH side of the heater case. The blend door is on the right side...on the top and it is definitely doable after removing only the glovebox. So good luck, it does sound like a mode door though.
-Rob
thanks for the reply.....and sound like good news too!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, its not the blend door.

I can't find a mode door on the net anywhere......seams like autozone's site is down as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts