TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
Rear drivers side of the vehicle got hit, leaving the car totaled. Car ran fine as we drove it home after, no leaks, just a little out of aligment of coarse.
Few parts here and there are already removed, but for the most part everything is there
Let me know what you guys need. Located in Michigan. Car is parked about 30min away from my house so i can go get parts as needed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
I doubt it is, but if the driver's seat trim is in one piece, I'll take it. I also need the trim pieces under the hood that cover the gap between the rad support and the header panel.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Is the ashtray door working? And what is the condition of the chrome on the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Are those Chrome wheels?

I know it will be awhile, but how much?

:grin2:

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill check on the condition of the door trim panel.

Ashtray i remember it closes but you have to manage it as one side snapped...

Wheels on the car are ehh condition...i have another set that came off my other LSC that are in better condition...but the tires are no good...ill post pics...as far as wheel and tires, i have no idea how to ship those

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Not the door trim panel, the seat trim panel is what I need. The one on the side of the seat that the power seat controls mount to. Its probably broken, as every one I have ever seen in every 97/98 Mark I have seen has been broken, but on the off chance that it isn't, I want it.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the door trim panel, the seat trim panel is what I need. The one on the side of the seat that the power seat controls mount to. Its probably broken, as every one I have ever seen in every 97/98 Mark I have seen has been broken, but on the off chance that it isn't, I want it.
Thats what i meant...seat trim...sorry!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Does the glove box cable assist still work? My cable is snapped. Let me know a price with shipping to 23219

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill keep you guys updated next time i go to the car

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
.as far as wheel and tires, i have no idea how to ship those
To ship wheels, thick cardboard on both sides, ~2" bigger than rims, wrapped heavily with plastic shipping wrap.

I received a set sent this way by USPS for $25 ea.

If they're not in awesome Looking condition, I'd still be interested, unless they're warped. :)

If I get a few sets of these, maybe I'll rechrome them. IDK.

BTW: I'd love to buy your car, but my Neighbors would kill me. :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
every time I have received wheels through the mail, or sent them, I have simply put a shipping label on the wheel itself. This is used wheels of course, new wheels a bit more care may be taken, but I don't buy new wheels often.

Anyways, I am interested in the cliche thunderbird aluminum upgrade pieces.

Rear lca
Rear driveshaft
Differential case or assembly. If it's an open I could just buy the case to save on shipping

If you could give me some individual pricing I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I'm also interested in the diff; as well as the far passenger side vent grill, the plastic trim that wraps around the gauge cluster and information screen, and the plastic that surrounds the info buttons and idiot lights above the radio.

Do you think that the drivers side lower control arm was tweaked in the impact?

And I could pick things up in person to save the hassle of shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Transmission crossmember bolts shipped to 79602? Been looking for these for a while, got some damaged threads on one of mine.

-Pete

·
Registered
440 Posts
Aw man, that sucks, I saw that car on your Snap some times lol. Are the rear control arms in good shape after the accident? If so, how much for them?

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
And how are the drivers door window switches?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for delay guys, been traveling for work and i am barely by the car...

I wouldn't feel comfortable selling any front upper and lower control arm / ball joints off the car as they have been there for a while...these pieces are so cheap to purchase new, it wouldnt be worth my time to take them off...

Sooner or later when i get the powetrain out, ill be taking those pieces off, the car has a 3.27 open diff...lower control arms in the rear, im not sure of the condition as the whole rear was struck and both wheels in the rear are pointing towards the drivers side...

drivers side buttons are gone, my new mark 8 needed them so i had to take them off...

My main issue im having right now, is if i take suspension components off, how am i going to get the car out of the garage when its ready to go to the scrap yard..the driveway is next to the house and its pretty narrow, i can barely fit my yukon thru there...if i cant roll the car, not sure how the yards can come pick it up...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Well an open diff works for me, I could just utilize the case for a lok build. I am interested in the rear LCA's once you get around to taking all that off, no rush

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
...if i cant roll the car, not sure how the yards can come pick it up...
If you sell me wheels, I can send you spare "donuts" to roll on. :)

They CAN drag it onto a flatbed, if there is a straight shot, but that's pretty ugly. :)

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Sorry for delay guys, been traveling for work and i am barely by the car...

Sooner or later when i get the powetrain out...

LOL, hopefully those trans crossmember bolts will be available!

-Pete

1 - 20 of 34 Posts