TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys.....if you didn't know im wanting to trade straight up both my cars for a newer car.....well some lady offered a 98 mercury sable wagon. and as many i don't see a family mom car, i see what it can BECOME lol. she told me it had a 24V OHC and i looked it up and its rated the same HP as my 3.8...around 145.

my question is.....is there ANYTHING fun to do with this? it will be by DD?

just throwing ideas out there. the only think keeping me at ALL interested is the 24 engine.

Dean

someone slap me if im being rediculous....i seem to jump ant anything comming my way lately lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it has the 24 valve motor it should be 200hp and 200fptq respectively. There are mods you can do to these too. Check around, there are many websites for the performance aspect of this engine. Heck there is even some for the older body style 95 and below cars.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.....but the things is....its a wagon lol. i dunno how "cool" you can make a wagon look u know? lol

i didn't know if anyone had any ideas....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahaha naw id shoot myself if i did that

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I drove a 24v as my work car. Its pretty peppy. As for it being a wagon, i dunno

·
Registered
232 Posts
With a set of aftermarket wheels it would look pretty nice. Window tint looks good on these also, i seen a few with these mods on it. Really wagons arent that uncool. Plus you get a lot of more room to throw stuff in em.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea that boat has come and sailed fellas.....thanks for all ur input, i didn't grab the car.

if i asked all u in person id prob get slapped a couple times and set fire upon according to DennisIsEvil lol

Dean

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Get creative. Fill in the seam around the rear doors and lose the door handles. (Think Chevy Nomad ala 1957) Take out the back seat, add matress and killer sound system. You get the idea.

Bob

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea but im into prefromance rather then trying to make trunks rattle. that time came and passed also lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Basically anything you can put in a coupe or four door you can put in a wagon. Although On my bro's 75 Cutlass he got a 455 motor out of a 74 Cutlass wagon and the wagon's motor had thicker motor mounts so we had to take them off before we could fit it in. So whatever you could put on a taurus I'd imagine you could fit on the sable wagon since the taurus and sable were pretty the same car for years. The motor doesn't know what it's in.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no idea, some lady wanted to trade me for it.....come and passed me, no idea whats going on nor where to find it sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts