TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 3.8L and one day it was raining so i decided to do a brake torque. I tryed in first gear but it wouldnt then i tryed drive and it worked right away. I have a 3.27TC in my car too. I have tryed also on dry pavement and the same.
I heard the 4.6L's have trouble doing them.....am i wrong or just heard wrong

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
my 97 4.6 can do them in either with no problem

my 93 3.8L on the other hand...emmm...can only get them loose on the wet...lol...that thing has done its years and miles...

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
my 97 4.6 can spin the tires without any problems too wet and dry. could do it with ease even when stock. when i had my other birds (90 3.8 and 93 3.8)i could barely get the tires to spin at all on dry pavement.

frank

·
Registered
798 Posts
My 95 3.8, 3.27 TL will spin them with ease on dry pavement. If i hold the brake and press the gas, even with the throttle not to WOT, they'll break loose and start to spin. In D or 1. In the wet, it's a joke to get them spinning, they'll spin if i get even a little bit heavy on the throttle.

P215 70R15 Size tires

·
Registered
635 Posts
brake torque? down i beleive we call that power brakin. or just flat out spinnin tires.

my 97 doesnt have a problem at all, even when it was in stock status. i guess about 1/2 throttle and they would start turning like they were suppose to.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea yesterday my 91 5.0 was lightin both tires up yesterday... the first time i have actually done 2 wheel burn out. Im used to one wheel wonders. It was nice.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I can spin mine when the rear brakes are out of adjustment. I've even done it with the tracloc differential. When they're adjusted though, the car starts to creep forward before the rear tires break loose no matter how hard I press the brakes. I guess that's what I get for buying cheap brake pads for the front.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I just thought I would chime in. Here in Denver I can't get my wheels loose unless it is wet. I have no brakes on the back and still cant get them to do it.

Sam

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
Don't keep the brake to the floor...once you start givin it gas, slowly let off of the brake until they start to spin :D <--my 94 is touchy like that...my 95, no probs at all...Just a thought:D:D:D:D
I second that motion. My 3.8 '92 cougar with 3.27s had no balls so it couldnt spin them with the brakes all the way down. Even easing them up it would hardly do it.
-Rob

·
Registered
91 Posts
rear brakes locking up sucks...

ok i got a queston when you burn out, is it 1 wheel or 2

for me its both, its nice to be able to do that.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I take back what I said. Last night I spun them with the brakes adjusted and with tracloc. If my little 3.8 can do it, why can't everyone else?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Cause I live at 6k feet... It makes a huge difference...

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
If I stomp the brake and floor the gas she'll stall up to 2200 real quick and just sorta stay there until i let up on the brakes a touch, then she'll go all the way to the rev limiter and fast!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts