TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anything going on around there? Im going to be on vacation in Panama City Fri-Mon.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nothing much on the events calendar http://calendar.emeraldcoast.com/ec/index.php?month=8&year=2005&location=0

There are some cruise ins over in town but I don't know much about them like dates and such. Some of the local racer types hit Sonic on Thomas Dr. on Sat nights, I'm too old for that and not much help there either.

Really not much to do but go to the beach anymore. La Vela is shut down (I think) condos going up on that site. Your favorite bars are likely still in operation but some of the restaurants over on Grand Lagoon took a little hit from Dennis. Shell Island is now 2 islands...

Hopefully it'll be nice and peaceful down on the beach. No wind or rain.... no boards on the windows. :) If you see an old guy in a blue Mark VIII on Back Beach Rd get out of his way, he's either late for work or late for supper. For that matter watch for his fiance in the black 96 LSC... :D

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
panama city isn't FL

:tongue:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
jamesD said:
panama city isn't FL

:tongue:
Yeah, it's better than FL, not as many idiots on the roads and better beaches. :D Unfortunately we're getting to looking like the rest of the state pretty quickly.... high rise condos and traffic everywhere you look even in "winter".

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Help... not much of that was there? :)

Here's the cruise in I was thinking about... over in downtown, about 15 minutes drive from the beach if traffic on the bridge isn't boogered up.

http://panamacitydowntown.com/Event/friday.html

There are some concerts in and around http://www.pcbeach.org/cal.comm.main.php?month=08

I was also wrong about LaVela, I'm told they're still open.

Of course there's the diving, fishing, eating and all the "regular" tourist stuff. If there's anything specific lmk and I'll see what I can find out about it. It's likely a dumb question but you have checked with where you're staying about damage from Dennis? It wasn't bad overall but some places had some. Oh, and enjoy your stay on the Redneck Riviera.... :)

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, we always stay @ Regency Towers. Im sure they werent damaged very much if any.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wow, there's other people in the panhandle?! I live in valparaiso/Niceville, near eglin and destin. about 40 mins away from panama city

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yeah, I'm in PCB but my 'Bird is sitting in the yard awaiting head gaskets and a heater core so you won't be seeing me over that way in it. You may however see the blue Mark as I get over there now and then.

I have considered hosting a little get together/BBQ at Frank Brown Park down here at the beach but haven't been able to get organized enough to try it. There's plenty of room to park cars for a "show" and a good place to set up a grill and do some burgers and dogs. I was thinking it'd be better to do it during the "offseason" when hotel rates might be a little lower.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dammit, I just now saw this...

I could have organized something over this way, or it could have given me an excuse to go to PC..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts