TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4.6 bird right now with true duals and the rest stock. Although i want a 2.3T bird because they are cheap and easy to modify. My question is which one will be faster the 4.6 bird or the 2.3T stock. Im guessing the 4.6 but you never know.

The 2.3T will not stay stock for a long time though, it will be getting a side exit exhaust, boost set to 18psi, and a K&N on the VAM. Planning on later strappin' a holset on there :eek:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well...I don't know how much experience you have, but I'd stick with the 4.6
Why?
I don't know how great of a 2.3L bird you can find...I haven't seen a nice one around here in...well, forever. If you've done your research, and feel you can Mod the 2.3L to over 220RWHP for cheaper than the 4.6, do it. I don't know how much you can tune the 2.3, or what transmission options you have, Driveshaft, gears, etc.
Daily driver? Strictly Summer?
That would be something to look into...If you're really going all out, and get cams and what not, the Turbo'd Cammed 2.3L might be rough in the winter, all depends on what your goals are.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I've owned both. The 2.3 turbo is VERY maintenance intense. The hood spends more time up than it does down, and I'm always noticing new and mysterious problems.
However, it's MUCH more fun to drive over the MN12. I've got quite a few mods on the engine, and it would surely outrun my 4.6 by now.
The 5-speed is what makes it, though. I would never own one with an automatic.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want a car that will take easy mods, i mean i can mod the 4.6 but lets face it, my trans sucks and i need to get pi heads to really make power. :(

I really want to get the 2.3T, we will see what happens.

p.s. side exit exhausts on turbo'd cars sound badass. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts