TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard good things about the 1993 peice, but supposedly the 94+ are two peice....two peice how? I need to shorten one by about an inch, and if this can be resolved in-proccess, it opens me up to more purchass options.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
if you want to do it right....have one made in the lengthh you need....PST is 'posed to have a good driveshaft for not alot of dough. Also, PM splitportbird, he got an aluminum joint made for a good price.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
the 2 piece aluminum is not crimped together. The inner portion is connected to the outer portion by rubber.
Alan

·
Super Moderator
10,903 Posts
Aha!!

dirtyd0g said:
the 2 piece aluminum is not crimped together. The inner portion is connected to the outer portion by rubber.
Alan

That's why the old one I had rattled! The rubber was disintegrating. It's a wonder I didn't lose it doing a burnout...Man, that's scary...

The one just like it from the junkyard didn't rattle, but I bought one from a GP last year before I had a chance to swap it out...

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
Alan
Um, the 'Bird one is steel, right? I remember seeing some surface rust on there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts