TCCoA Forums banner

2 questions!

1286 Views 46 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Noser7mil
Hey guys I have 2 questions.

1. my motor mounts sucks and I’m not trying to pay rediculous prices for solid rubber mounts. I’ve seen on here you can do the hockey pucks, my question is how many pucks do I need to space the engine up to the same level as the stock mounts? Has anybody done this and wouldn’t mind sharing info??

2. I’m wanting to build custom upper and lower control arms, the stock bushings suck cheecks. I do have new arms and bushings about a year old. going with heims on the contact points on the body side. My question is, where can I find the ball joints needed to be able to connect the new arms to the spindle?? I’ve been looking around and can’t find anything, there plenty websites that sell the tubing and heims but I can’t find any that sells the ball joint portion needed to connect the arms to spindles.

This is the idea, just need a lead on the ball joint side. Thanks in advance!!

See less See more
1 - 1 of 47 Posts
I've got a set of solid rubber mounts on one of my parts cars. They are just like the stock fluid-filled ones, but they are solid. I got them from Rockauto way back in the day and I remember having to go back and forth a few times with them to get the solid ones. I'm not sure if you can still find them but maybe.

Actually, Rockauto still lists them but you may get fluid-filled ones when you order (hence the aforementioned back and forth). You can physically shake it and hear the fluid if so.

This is assuming you have a 3.8 car.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 47 Posts