TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
one in a million
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to break these 2 top bolts?

I finally dropped my trans, but those two bolts are a real pain to break loose...

and that was not all the starter was a little work unbolting the top bolt on it too and looks hard to change if I ever had to it looks like you have to drop the exhaust...

I also found a leaky freeze plug on the drivers side right behind the dipstick tube next to the motor mount... thats gonna be fun changing..

next job before winter is my heater core .....

ughh I'm gonna sale my car before anything else go's on it....

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you remove the cowl/wiper assembly you have all kinds of room to put a breaker bar on them. It works for any kind of work that you have to do to the back of the motor too.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The starter isn't really that bad.If you can get a very small ratchet and socket on there to crack it loose than you can get a nut driver on there and run it right off.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i just used a box end wrench and a 6 inch piece of pipe that would slide of the wrench for a cheater. worked from underneath the car. all came off easy

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
i just used a box end wrench and a 6 inch piece of pipe that would slide of the wrench for a cheater. worked from underneath the car. all came off easy
^^^ This is the best whay that I've used also, but from the top.^^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts