TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do them. a bit of my soul dies with every burnout.... is there anything i can pull from cars in the junk yard ??

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
find a cougar or T-bird with a axle code E for a nice 3.27 Track-Loc differential.

don't forget to grab the speedo gear!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'll sell you mine for $150, but you'd have to let me know so I can get it removed from my car. It has less than 110K on it and the trac-lok works (3.27 gears). I have another diff in my garage to get set up for my car. For a some extra $$$ I could probably talk my friend and brother into installing it for you. I'd do it myself, but I had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago.

BTW, I'm in Lebanon, so I'm local to you.

Send me a pm if you're interseted.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only tbird at my local jy is a 94 and i think it was the sport coupe cause it has rear discs and a trac lock differential which im buying next week :) what size are those diffs? 7.5? 8.8?

·
Registered
674 Posts
if it had a 4.6 engine, it'll be an 8.8

·
Super Moderator
12,686 Posts
or get some of these installed :D

Along with one of these while you're at it :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
yea if your going to take your rear end apart might as well put 373s in.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,644 Posts
The only tbird at my local jy is a 94 and i think it was the sport coupe cause it has rear discs and a trac lock differential which im buying next week :) what size are those diffs? 7.5? 8.8?
fyi, no such thing as a 94 sport(unless your talking about supercoupe), only 91 & 92 and 96 & 97 were sports;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just get the pumkin from any S/C. Autos had 3:27, I think. Make sure you get the rebuild kit as well from Ford. Cheap and a must do. I have 3:55 in mine. 3:73 seemed a bit tall for long trips, but thats just me. Total cost for the install was $200 including parts and labour. Cheap upgrade. IMHO.
Then you can do this.

·
Registered
362 Posts
fyi, no such thing as a 94 sport(unless your talking about supercoupe), only 91 & 92 and 96 & 97 were sports;)
Oh, this one has 3.27 trac lock and rear discs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts