TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 Years of SVT
Carlisle Ford Nationals to Host 20th Anniversary Display

From 1993 to 2013, Ford Motor Company put out some very special high performance vehicles known as SVT’s. There were multiple models of SVT Mustangs, two generations of the Lightning, the SVT Focus and SVT Contour, the SVT Raptor, the Ford GT and in recent years, the Shelby Mustang. This display will be a must-see and a real look at Ford’s performance vehicle division. Expect multiple SVT engineers in attendance and be ready to meet and greet the owners of the vehicles they helped bring on to the market.

Marcie Cipriani and The SVT Owners Association will be heading up this display and will be located just outside the SVT Display in Building Y. Stop by and join them during the event.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
SVT died in 2004 with the last Cobra. It's just been letters on centercaps ever since...
X2, couldn't agree with you more

Clint

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
SVT really needs to get out of neutral and build us another BA car simliar to an 03 cobra again. I mean really...what has Ford made that has really been a "wow" factor since the 03's?

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I think the 2014-1/2 (2015) 50th Anniversary Mustang redesign with IRS is going to "wow". I'm very excited about seeing the new car when released.

·
Super Moderator
17,051 Posts
Meh, I don't care if the GT500 had 1000 horsepower, I still think the 03/04 Cobra was a better package. Massive leap from its predecessor, massive leap from lesser models and what a great ass.

The S197s may be a very capable platform but had there been a real SVT to actually differentiate the "Shelby" from the GT, past the engine and ugly stripes, it would be even more impressive. As it's been since 2007, it's effectively a GT with even more retro garbage and more power. All the 13' has over the 07' is the Boss 302 interior, an aluminum block(which should have been there in the first place) and a blackout taillight panel (in a feeble effort to hide the HIDEOUSNESS of the 2010+ ghetto booty). Most of the "tech" in that car isn't that new, it's not like the Coyote. It just has more cubes and more boost. And where's that boost going? Through the same basic heads designed for the Y2K Cobra R 13 years ago and a chassis that just can't take full advantage of it.

I'm with TM, the next Mustang sounds much more exciting. This whole retro debacle has pretty much funhouse mirrored the Mustang II generation:tongue:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts