TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got 2000 bucks right now that i can dump in my car. so someone give me some ideas. i drive a 95 4.6 tbird. mods are 9mm plug wires, exhaust, intake, 373 gears, aluminum driveshaft, underdrive pulleys, shift kit.
its been a while since i have done any mods, so i was wonderin what a good "next mod " would be. i was thinkin about a j mod but what would be the price of the complete mod? hopefully not over 2 grand right?
i am wanting to do motor work with this money, but if some one knows somethng really cool thats not engine work then tell me that too. thanx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
rossf83+1 said:
hey guys i got 2000 bucks right now that i can dump in my car. so someone give me some ideas. i drive a 95 4.6 tbird. mods are 9mm plug wires, exhaust, intake, 373 gears, aluminum driveshaft, underdrive pulleys, shift kit.
its been a while since i have done any mods, so i was wonderin what a good "next mod " would be. i was thinkin about a j mod but what would be the price of the complete mod? hopefully not over 2 grand right?
i am wanting to do motor work with this money, but if some one knows somethng really cool thats not engine work then tell me that too. thanx
You need to add a late Mustang GT MAf and
"approved" chip...big difference.

Also do the "approved" tranny mods.

THEN: if you're not going for power adders at this time, go with:

P&P'd stock heads with PI cams and keep compression stock so
you can add a supercharger later, if you want to.

OR:

P&P some '99+ PI heads (with PI cams) and run NA with an
approximate 10.4 cr. At this point, you'd proably want to
consider a 70mm TB if your exhaust is high flow cats with
a good sized loose system.

You'll also need to add a higher stall TC, probably
after you do the heads (if you're doing them), so you can
match it to your cams...

Just my 2 cents....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If you do the J-mod it costs under $200 even if you use all new gaskets. If your talking about the entire buildup, then yes your going to spend more.

For $2000, you might be able to get a PI motor in there. Depends on how much you spend on the motor itself.

If your not ready to swap an engine, I'd go with:

J-mod
Mark8 TC
JL bracing - webpagee
lowering springs
"monroe reflex" or "bilsteins" shocks
80mm MAF
MAF adapter
MAF wiring adapter
70mm TB
Performance Chip from one of these places:
www.reinhartautomotive.com
www.fordchip.com
www.marker88restaurant.com

Mager: he has a 95, so he can't swap in PI cams unless he buys some 96-97 heads to replace his stockers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanx for the ideaz guyz. i really appreciate your help in my decision making. i think i NEED a jmod. but i really like the motor swap idea. but i dont know if i could do that. i installed the pumpkin with the 373s in myself, and i was proud. i think that was pretty high tech. all the work i have done to my car i have done myself ( with the help of my friend whose screen name is southner) but a MOTOR SWAP? i dont think i could handle that one.

how much would it be to get it installed professionally???

and i have to BUY the motor.

and if i p&p'd the heads ...

well we are talking about way more than 2 grand. and thats ALL i got that i can put in my car right now.

also i am interested in power but i dont want a blower or nitrous on a stock motor. so that idea is out of the picture for now. maybe i should just save it. but that is really hard to do. i dont have patience when it comes to car mods!
but i like the idea for new cams i heard that is like 15 hp. is that true?

wow. i dont know what i am gonna do . well i will end this now. thanx everyone

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Greenbird's right, I spaced the '95 info. :(

I don't know what a set of complete '99+ PI
heads can be gotten for - but I'm guessing
that with a Fox Lake Stage I P&P at $600.00,
there's a good chance you could end up with
a set installed for under $2000.00 - I may be
way off, but if not - it would make a big
difference in performance, seeing as you
already have upgraded your intake and exhaust.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
the PI heads r $720 both with the tccoa disc and u need all the extra parts caz its a 95 new
inake fuel rail and some other things the P&P job for stage 2 was like $900 i dont know what stage one would be but if ur going to do it u should get headers and take advantade gain some more Hp and u need to tune it again
after so with whatever is left i dont think theres enough he said he might have some one do it
Heres what i might be doing Eith one i dont know for sure either 96-98 heads with Pi cams and get the heads P&P with jba headers or a 99 gt engine and up not sure yet and mine is a 94
check my site
http://jurgens94bird.streetracing.org/

·
Registered
621 Posts
Look in the F|S thread, and look for Richard M's S-Trim Vortec kit for $2200 which includes about everything you need, except a new fuel pump. A DAMN good deal.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES IT WOULD make me a beast!
and now that i know about that deal I WANT THAT VORTECH!!!!! i emailed richard about it and he says he is talkin to someone else about it right now so hell call me if that doesnt work out. i said i didnt want a blower on a stock motor but i changed my mind ! so if one of yall are good friends with him TALK him into selling it to me! I GOT THE MONEY RIGHT NOW AND I WILL BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!! I CURRENTLY RUN 15 IN THE QUARTER MILE! I GUESS SOME OF YOU MIGHT KNOW JUST HOW DEPRESSING THAT IS!!!!

well thats ok if i dont get it i guess.
i still got 2 grand for my bird.

·
Registered
621 Posts
rossf83+1 said:
YES IT WOULD make me a beast!
and now that i know about that deal I WANT THAT VORTECH!!!!! i emailed richard about it and he says he is talkin to someone else about it right now so hell call me if that doesnt work out. i said i didnt want a blower on a stock motor but i changed my mind ! so if one of yall are good friends with him TALK him into selling it to me! I GOT THE MONEY RIGHT NOW AND I WILL BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!! I CURRENTLY RUN 15 IN THE QUARTER MILE! I GUESS SOME OF YOU MIGHT KNOW JUST HOW DEPRESSING THAT IS!!!!

well thats ok if i dont get it i guess.
i still got 2 grand for my bird.
Yeah, if I had 2K, I'd be RIGHT on top of that deal. The thing is, I'm a poor student w/o a job... so upgrades are few and slow.

A majority of the board runs 15's, so don't be too depressed... at least you don't have a N|A 3.8L.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WaLieN said:

A majority of the board runs 15's, so don't be too depressed... at least you don't have a N|A 3.8L.:rolleyes:
LOL!! yah thanx alot man i have a N/A 4.6. that aint so bad.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
rossf83+1 said:

LOL!! yah thanx alot man i have a N/A 4.6. that aint so bad.
If you have any interest in an AED setup, I just talked
to Teeps - check out his post. Depending on what you
want - you just might be able to work something out
with him with that $2000.

Good luck! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts