TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I did a nice suspension rebuild with Koni adjustables, Eibachs, all new ball joints (control arms), bushings, inner and outer tie rods, and etc..

My suspension was SHOT! Both front spring where broken, all the ball joints and tie rods where shot, both rear shocks leaked all the gas out, and there where tons of destroyed bushings.

All I can say is that I love the way the car rides now. I have it as firm as they can get. I beleive I have read on here that the car will drop a little more in a few weeks, correct? Will it get any stiffer?

Next on my list of things to do after I fix my scrapping TC is bigger sway bars and some nice braces.

When I was doing the alignment I couldn't get the caster to adjust. I was trying to adjust it by that arm the comes off the subframe I believe and into the lower control arm. But it wasn't doing anything! It wasn't off by much, I just wanted it to be perfect since I had everything else perfect.

Anyways just sharing my thoughts on the suspension upgrade.

;)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Tony said:
All I can say is that I love the way the car rides now. ... Next on my list of things to do after I fix my scrapping TC is bigger sway bars and some nice braces.;)
It's like having a new car, isn't it?
Bracing is the "icing" on the suspension.:thumbsup:
Upgrade the brakes & you'll be set to start adding more power and/or larger wheels & tires

·
Registered
272 Posts
what parts did you get? were from? I hope all poly bushings from mn12 and springs and shocks this winter (depending on when I go back too work) but what else should I get what about subframe bushings? do you have pics? sounds nice.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Ya the eibachs will settle nicely. Just give them a couple weeks. If anything i think they get tab less stiff between that break in time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When you do the braces would be interested in the details of where to get & your reaction to the ride. Just put in 1-1/4 rear sway bar this Thursday....beautiful. Next is struts & shocks, but more modest than yours, either KYB or ToKico's non adjustable. Have fun, Ed :cool:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
No one makes anything for subframe bushings. and being that you live in illinois i am going to guess your car has seen some unfavorable weather for getting the subframe out to change the bushings. Meaning, its a huge pain in the *** to get the subframe out if you are in the midwest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts